Coronaviruses (Cov) consist of a handful of viruses that can be transmitted between animals and people. These illness range from the common cold to more severe diseases such as the Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS-Cov) and the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS-Cov).
A new strain of coronavirus that has not been previously identified in humans is the novel coronavirus or the COVID-19. COVID-19 infection can cause mild to severe disease and can be fatal in some people. Common symptoms in infected cases include fever, sore throat, coughing, suffering from short of breath and breathing difficulties. In severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia or severe acute respiratory syndrome, especially in patients with other chronic underlying health conditions, and even death.
How to keep yourself safe from COVID-19?
- We are told to do what our mothers used to tell us to do. You will be surprised how many adults do not wash their hands regularly even before taking their food. One of the safety measures advised by health authority is to wash our hands regularly thoroughly using soap and water. You can use any type of soap.
- Wipe down public surfaces in your house that you may come in contact with such as door knobs, door handles, table tops, and your workstation.
- Get enough of sleep and rest to keep your body healthy.
- Limit the number of trips you make to supermarkets to buy food and essentials. People in the high-risk groups such as the elderlies should stay home more. Practice social distancing if you can avoid going out to public places.
- If possible, work from home.
- If you are not cooking, instead of going out to buy takeaway food, you can consider ordering contactless food delivery.
Facts vs Myths: Is Pizza Delivery Safe During a Pandemic?
During this COVID-19 pandemic, we have been bombarded with both reliable information as well as myths on the social media. Overall, most of us are cooperating with the authorities to curb the spread of the COVID-19 virus and lessen the deadly result of this virus outbreak.
Realizing the seriousness of COVID-19 pandemic, both customers and food handlers are extra cautious about personal hygiene and how the food is being prepared to ward off the virus. We can’t deny that there is no risks when ordering food delivery. There are measures we can take to be on the safe side.
You can confidently order your favourite BBQ Chicken Bacon Papadia from your regular restaurant because this place is known for its food quality and cleanliness. Big restaurants and fast food chains have a set of guidelines posted on their website to ensure their commitment to cleanliness during this pandemic.
When your favourite pizza restaurant is offering pizza promotions, it is not easy to say no to these promotions. It is not all the time that you such good pizza promotions. Rest assured that these contactless food delivery follow strict steps to limit contact between the food delivery persons and their customers. Customers can request for the delivery person to drop off the food into a prepared basket placed at the gate or at door of their house. Customers can also send them a photo of where the food should be placed. Going through all the above steps or measures will keep you safe from the COVID-19 virus.