Losing weight is a strenuous task, you would agree. After all there is so much to do; from dieting to exercising till you drop to shed a few of those extra kilos. Many people choose to go through the daunting task of losing weight through more and more physical exercises and rigorous dieting regimes, but there are some who choose fad diets and trends to burn calories, such as baby food diet and sleep diet. One of these trends that recently shook the internet was the Japanese method of losing weight with a towel roll. Yes, you read that right.
A Japanese doctor Toshiki Fukutsudzi introduced a very simple method to lose weight, which only needs a rolled towel as you lie down on it with a specific posture. So, if you haven’t already heard or read about it, we give a low down of how you can lose weightat home, without having to burn a hole in your pocket, or that is what the Japanese claim.
Roll Over: Japanese Way of Losing Weight
Doctor Fukutsudzi in order to create awareness amongst people about the side effects of having a bad posture, suggested a technique to help people combat back problemswhile strengthening their abdominal muscles. This kind of posture correction, according to Dr Fukutsudzi, would also lead to weight reduction over a period of time.
A technique to help people combat back problems while strengthening abdominal muscles
Take out five minutes of your time every day to do this exercise. Here’s what you need to do-
- First, you need a towel and roll it.
- Sit on the floor, with your legs stretched out in front of you such that there is a distance of 8-10 inches between both feet. Now, place the rolled towel behind your back.
- Lay down on the floor in a straight position with the towel placed under your waist.
- Post this, try and bring your toes close to each other while maintaining the distance between the heels. Basically, your feet should be positioned like a triangle pointing upwards. Keep your upper body in the same position.
- Next, lift your arms and take them over your head, almost touching the floor. Now, try and join your pinky fingers. The stretch you want to achieve is now complete.
- Your body will almost be arched like a inverted boat.
- Stay in this position for about five minutes.
- You should feel a burning sensation and slight pain in the beginning which eases with practice.
Note: This may look easy, but holding it for a longer period can be a daunting task. Do it only till you are able to do it comfortably until practiced enough.
Benefits of Japanese Towel Exercise
It seems this exercise not only induces weight loss, but helps in effectively curing your back pain and further strengthening your abdomen. The science behind it is that any extra layer of fat around the belly is basically a result of misplacement of your pelvis. The exercise claims to correct the pelvis placement, which automatically results in a small waistline.
If you do try this exercise at home, make sure you consult your doctor especially if you suffer from any niggling back issues. Stay healthy and eat well!