Flaxseed oil can do wonders for your health, here are 6 benefits to it
Flaxseed oil is known for its benefit to heart health, but it is also good to boost your digestive system and brain health. It provides skin and hair benefits, helps weight loss, and reduces risk of cancer as well. There are several ways to derive this benefit from flaxseeds, but the easiest and fastest way is from the intake of flax oil capsules.
Dolly Kumar, founder and director at Gaia, shares some health benefits of flax oil:
* Regulates healthy cholesterol level: Rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6, flax oil capsules regulate cholesterol levels in the body and are an essential medium to reduce the amount of unhealthy cholesterol in the body.
* Promotes a healthy heart: Flaxseed oil capsules help you in having a healthy heart. Laden with fatty acids, these capsules promote healthy artery functioning and prevent heart-related problems, be it a heart attack or stroke. The presence of these acids in flax oil also aids in reducing inflammation and blood clotting, as well as promoting overall heart health.
* Boosts digestive health: Loaded with soluble fibre, flaxseed helps to regulate digestion by improving the absorption of nutrients. The laxative properties further smoothen the digestion process. It also keeps the stomach full for a longer span of time.
* Improves overall brain health: Enriched with Omega 3 fatty acids, flaxseed helps to promote and regulate overall brain health. Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA), a type of omega-3 acid present in these capsules, is especially linked to good brain health.
* Provides skin and hair benefits: The omega-3 fatty acids in flaxseed oil contribute towards strengthening hair and reducing hair fall. In addition, these acids help in promoting overall skin health by keeping skin hydrated, smooth and moisturised along with preventing pollutants to enter our skin pores.[“source=hindustantimes”]